Anyone can make good chicken wings but it takes more time, and just a few secret ideas, to make them great. Additionally, most people fry wings but we have found that we get a deeper flavor by baking them. You might want to ask what makes these wings Kentucky wings? Well, Bourbon of course!
Secrets and techniques? Everything starts with a great bourbon glaze, and a delicious blue cheese dipping sauce.
The blue cheese dressing or dipping sauce recipes, and the bourbon barbeque sauce or glaze recipes, are on this website. You will have plenty of both left over for other purposes after eating the wings.
Make these crispy and juicy wings and everyone will want to know your secrets, but 90% of them will never take the time to do them right. Such is life.
3 Pounds of Wings
3 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Stick plus 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Bourbon
2 – 5 Tablespoons of Favorite Hot Sauce or Barbeque Sauce
BOURBON BARBEQUE SAUCE (On This Website)
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING (On This Website)
- Prepare wings (I separate the sections and throw out the tips), and dry them with a paper towel.
- Put them in a bowl and add smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix them well with the seasoning.
- Pre-Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Put oil in a large skillet and bring up the heat.
- Then add the wings turning them frequently to sear all sides.
- As they are searing, add the bourbon and 6 Tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Mix well and then put the skillet in the oven.
- Roast the wings in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and pour the wings and juices into a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Then add your favorite hot sauce if you want to go the Buffalo hot route, or add your barbeque sauce.
- Toss the bowl ingredients until the butter entirely melts to create a glaze.
- Serve them on a plate with the blue cheese dipping sauce in a bowl and cut celery on the side.